Say granola and your biggest fan sits right here. Granola is the next upcomming thing when it comes to cereals and the good thing is: you can make it exactly as you like it. It is chewy and it mainly consists of nuts combined with oats and dried fruit. I sprinkle it on top of my breakfast bowl or I take it with me on the go as a snack. After all, it is always time for breakfast.
Imagine Sunday morning and the smell of homemade granola just out of the oven. It is crunchy and chewy. I am nuts about you.
Are you ready to create your own? Here it comes!
For this granola I only used nuts and seeds. Want to add more fibers? Then use some (gluten-free) oats. If you don’t like raisins you can add anything else like dried fruit or coconut flakes.
What is your favorite granola?
Chewy granola delicious with some yoghurt.
- 100 g unsalted pecans
- 100 g unsalted walnuts
- 50 g unsalted almonds
- 30 g raisins
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g flaxseeds
- 30 g honey
- 25 g melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 160° C and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Step 2 Mix the nuts and seeds in a medium mixing bowl and stir to blend.
- Step 3 Then add the melted coconut oil, honey, sea salt and a pinch of cinnamon and mix carefully until every nut is lightly coated.
- Step 4 Spread the mixture out evenly with a spoon on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in the oven until it is crispy and chewy.
- Step 5 Stir after 10 minutes to make sure it browns equally.
- Step 6 Finally, let the granola cool and add the raisins. Store the granola in a jar for 1 to 2 weeks. That is it! Easy peasy and delicious.